The coronavirus epidemic is currently in an acceleration phase in Kuopio – mask use recommendation expands
The coronavirus epidemic is currently in an acceleration phase in Kuopio and the recommendation on the use of face masks expands.
The use of face masks is now recommended in Kuopio in the following settings and for the following persons:
- In secondary schools (including general upper secondary schools) and higher education institutions.
- In public spaces (for example shops and shopping malls, museums and libraries)
- Events where close contacts cannot always be avoided (for example theatres, concert halls and cinemas)
- Facilities for physical activities, exercise and sports venues and audience areas (at least in the public areas and dressing rooms)
- On public transport where close contacts cannot always be avoided.
- Persons travelling to a COVID-19 testing facility and awaiting the test results, if it is necessary for them to move outside the home.
- Passengers arriving in Finland from a high-risk area while moving from the point of entry to the place of quarantine or if it is necessary to move outside the home during the quarantine.
The proper use of face mask can reduce infection by preventing droplets from spreading into the environment. This way, we can protect especially those who are most at risk. More information on THL’s website.
This recommendation applies primarily to persons over the age of 15.