University of Applied Sciences Student Health Care
Student health care services are available to all students who study full time for at least two months and who are entitled to a study grant.
Kuopio municipal student health care services are provided at Tulliportinkatu 15, I, 4th floor (entrance from Maaherrankatu).
Seasonal influenza vaccines in November 2019
Students of social welfare and healthcare and students in risk groups* receive a free seasonal influenza vaccine in the autumn from the student health care services.
* For example pregnant women, relatives of pregnant women, relatives of babies under 6 months old, members of the medical risk group, close relatives susceptible to influenza, social and healthcare personnel and customer service personnel in pharmacies.
Vaccinations are given in the student health care services, address: Tulliportinkatu 15, staircase I, 4th floor (entrance from Maaherrankatu) without appointment on:
- Mon 18.11.2019 8 am - 3:45 pm
- Mon 25.11.2019 8 am - 3:45 pm
More information from the student health care nurses and website www.kuopio.fi/en/rokotukset
---TO SAVONIA-STUDENTS: KUOPIO STUDENT HEALTH CARE SERVICES
- Consultation of the public health nurse of student health care without appointment at Tulliportinkatu 15, staircase I, 4th floor
Weekdays (Mon-Fri) only at 7:45-10:30 am.
Consultation without appointment is intended for urgent acute matters that have to be handled during that day.
- Telephone hours Mon-Thu at 8-9 am and at 12 noon-13 pm, Fri at 8-9 am
- You can also book an appointment with the student health care nurse in non-urgent matters such as medical check-up, contraception, sexual health and vaccinations. Once logged in the eTerveyspalvelut please remember to fill in the electronic consent form. Without a valid consent you are not able to use the eTerveyspalvelut services.
- Vaccinations without appointment during the spring term of 2019 are given on Tuesdays 8th and 22nd January, 19th February, 5th and 19th March, 2nd and 16th April, 14th May at 2:30-3:30 pm
Public Health Nurses of Savonia University of Applied Sciences
Address: Tulliportinkatu 15, Stairway I, 4th floor (entrance from Maaherrankatu)
Tourism and Hospitality, Technology
Public Health Nurse tel 044 718 6239
Public Health Nurse tel 044 718 6570
Business Administration, Music, Dance, Design, Humak
Public Health Nurse tel 044 7186238
Emergency Services College, officers
Public Health Nurse tel 044 718 6279 Kaartokatu 9, Building A1,door 2, 4th floor, and Hulkontie 83.
Telephone hours of the public health nurse (phone numbers above)
Mon-Thu at 8-9 am and 12 noon-1 pm
Fri at 8-9 am
Services of public health nurse without an appointment
Tulliportinkatu clinic, address: Tulliportinkatu 15, Stairway I, 4th floor
Monday - Friday from 7.45 am to 10.30 am
You can contact the nurse without an appointment in urgent matters such as first aid, treatment of illnesses, vaccinations, sample referrals or other matters that are acute for you.
Services of public health nurse with an appointment
An appointment is required in matters such as health checks, initiation and monitoring of contraception, MRSA samples, planning of the immunization schedule related to student exchange together with matters concerning your state of health, studies or ability to cope.
Services of Student Health Care Physician
An appointment for a student health care physician can be booked from the student health care nurse. In Kuopio, medical care for students is provided mainly by the student health care services.
In case the student health care is unable to book a doctor’s appointment the student will be referred primarily to the team of physicians in the health care centre of the region where the student is studying, and secondarily to the municipal emergency clinic.
If you can present a valid European Health Insurance Card or other valid document giving you the same rights for health care as Finnish citizens, the following prices are applicable for you:
Students above the age of 18 pay a fee of 20,60 € for a visit to a physician in health care centres and student health care services (A 7§). The fee is charged for the first three visits within a calendar year.
The fee for unused and uncancelled appointments with a physician for students over the age of 15 (A 25 §) is 50,80 €.
If you do not have any of the above mentioned documents, please see Information on fees and recidence
All first-year students receive a medical history questionnaire. You can book your own appointment for a health check. Based on data derived from the medical history questionnaire, student-specific health check appointments are also offered by the public health nurse.
- Vaccination certificate for social welfare and healthcare students
Instructions on screening of infections diseases for students of social welfare and healthcare
- Instructions for MDR testing
- Instructions for salmonella screening
- Instructions for tuberculosis screening
- Instructions in case of needlestick and blood contact
Regarding incoming foreign exchange students and foreign degree students
It is important to find out which vaccinations you are required to have and take them before leaving your home country.
Please also find out in advance whether you are required to have a tuberculosis screening before arriving to Finland.
Please find out all the required information for the medical questionnaire in advance and bring the fully answered questionnaire sheet with you to the opening info held by the student nurse.