Testing for the Coronavirus in Kuopio
Who can be tested by healthcare services if he or she has symptoms?
- Members of Risk group by age (over 60 years old), by illness or medicine reasons
- Pregnant women or women, who gave birth during last 6 weeks
- Persons with a risk to get blood vessel block and who has no blood thinning treatment
- Persons who work in social or healthcare services
- Persons, who live with a person who has an insufficient immune protection
- Persons who need to be tested according to a doctor
Who symptomless is recommended to be tested by healthcare services?
- Social or healthcare service worker, who`s family member got infected. Test should be done in 3 – 5 days after family member`s symptoms started.
- Person, who came from abroad in 3-5 days after testing order
How to get tested
- Call to your own Health Center Mon-Fri > Appointments by home address
- Call to Covid-service number 044 704 6700
- Sat at 8-12 o`clock
- The KYS testing point is closed from 20.3.2022 onwards
You will get the testing result at the next day or in a few days, if service is crowded. Trace service doesn`t contact infected persons personally anymore, positive testing result will be sent by sms. You can also see testing results in omakanta.fi service.
What to do, if Covid test result is positive?
Get isolated voluntarily and inform persons who you are contacted about possible exposure.
If you have symptoms, stay at home and avoid contacts to other people at least for 5 days, until symptoms are over.
Your family members have to follow their symptoms, use masks in public places and take care about hand hygiene. They should avoid unnecessary contacts for a week. If family members get symptoms, they have to stay home too and get tested, if necessary.
Mostly infected by COVID-19 persons do not need healthcare services, but get well at home. Most important thing is to get rest and stay at home. Remember to drink enough, move your legs and avoid sedatives. If you feel bad, call 116 117 or to emergency number 112.
Updated instruction for getting tested for the Coronavirus
1. Vaccinated persons
- you had to contact an emergency service because of strong symptoms
- there were persons with coronavirus infection in your vicinity during 2 last weeks
- you`ve got an alarm from Koronavilkku application or information about exposing
- you work at social or medical services
- you belong to the coronavirus infection Risk group because of your illness, age or overweight
- If you have symptoms and got only one vaccine, look the section 3) Not vaccinated person over 12 years old
- If you got both vaccines during 3 weeks and the second vaccine was over 6 months ago, look the section 3) Not vaccinated person over 12 years old
- You have symptoms and got both vaccines, but you got the second vaccine less than 1 week ago, look the section 3) Not vaccinated person over 12 years old
2. You had a coronavirus infection before, but you have infection`s symptoms
- No testing, if you had an infection less than 6 months ago
- If you had an infection over 6 months ago and got one vaccine over 1 week ago, look the section 1) Vaccinated persons
- If you had an infection over 6 months ago, got no vaccine and you have coronavirus infection symptoms, look the section 3) Not vaccinated person over 12 years old
- If you had an infection over 6 months ago and got one vaccine less than 1 week ago, look the section 3) Not vaccinated person over 12 years old
3. Not vaccinated person over 12 years old
- Get tested, if you have any coronavirus infection symptoms
4. A child under 12 years old with coronavirus infection symptoms
- you have to contact emergency service because of strong symptoms
- there was a person with coronavirus infection in child`s vicinity during last 2 weeks
- a child got an information about exposing from the infectious disease authority
- there are over 16 years old persons in child`s family, who didn`t get both vaccines or didn`t get the whole protection because of their illnesses or high age