Boards and Committees
The City of Kuopio has nine committees:
- Urban Development Committee
- Growth and Learning Committee
- Wellbeing Promotion Committee
- Social and Health Committee
- Environment and Construction Committee
- Central Election Committee
- Public Transport Committee
- Waste Management Board
- North Savo Emergency Services Committee
The members of the committees are elected by the City Council. The City Executive appoints its own representative to each committee.
The responsibilities of committees and boards are defined in their rules of procedure.