Afternoon care activities
The City of Kuopio organises afternoon care activities for first-year pupils and for pupils in need of special support, on weekdays, mainly from 12 noon to 4pm. Second-year pupils can also participate if there are places available. In private schools, afternoon care activities are provided for older pupils too. The application form can be filled in via the Wilma portal. The password is given at the time of registration with the school. The application form is also available through this website (below).
There is a monthly fee for afternoon care of €120 or €160, which includes a daily light snack, and insurance in case of accident. Application for a reduced fee or fee exemption can be made through this website (below).
For more information: Maria Louhimo, Afternoon Care Planner, +358 44 718 4114, or Mirja Räsänen, Afternoon Care Secretary, +358 44 718 1388
Application for afternoon care activities: Application for afternoon care
Application for a fee reduction/exemption: A fee reduction application
Apply for afternoon care 2022–2023
The City of Kuopio will provide afternoon care activities during the school year 2022-2023 at almost every primary school or nearby. Afternoon care is provided from 11 August 2022 to 2 June 2023 Monday-Friday, mainly from 12 noon to 4pm. The afternoon care groups for 2022-23 will be formed according to the applications received during the application period from 1 to 18 February 2022. The afternoon care locations and producers will be announced after the application period.
The fee for afternoon care activities was set as follows from 1 August 2021:
- €120/month if the pupil attends the group for up to 3 h/day or 1–15 h/week
- €160/month if the pupil attends the group for up to 4 h/day or over 15 h/week
- In August, the fee is 50% of the above rates. Parents or guardians may apply for a fee reduction or exemption. The application must include supporting documents. Apply via the Wilma portal or by paper application
The Wilma portal has an application for afternoon care activities, which can be accessed using the same username as was used to register the child with the school. The application form can be found as follows: > Hakemukset ja päätökset -> Tee uusi hakemus -> Hakemus perusopetuksen iltapäivätoimintaan (application form).
If you cannot send an online application, please complete the paper version (above) and send it to:
Kasvun ja oppimisen palvelualue
Asemakatu 38-40 A, 3rd floor
Afternoon care providers in 2022–2023:
- Kuopion evankelisluterilaisten seurakuntien yhteinen lapsityö
- Kuopion Setlementti Puijola ry
- Kuopion Juniori-Kalpa ry
- KuPS ry
- Kuopion steinerpedagogiikan kannatusyhdistys ry
- Kuopion Kristillinen yhtenäiskoulu