Vaccination service provides vaccinations and vaccination guidance to people travelling abroad. Vaccination service can also prescribe medication, for example, against malaria. Visits by appointment only.
Children in Finland are vaccinated in accordance with the national vaccination programme in children’s health clinics and school health care. Students are vaccinated in the student health care. Vaccinations included in the national vaccination programme (tetanus and diphtheria boosters and MPR and polio, where necessary) are free of charge. Other vaccines must be bought privately from a pharmacy with a prescription. Prescriptions can be obtained, among others, from the vaccination service, health care team doctor or private medical clinics.
Seasonal influenza vaccination
In general, the seasonal influenza vaccination is during autumn. The vaccination date is stablish by the National Institute for Health and Welfare - Regional division of vaccines. The 2022 seasonal influenza vaccination starts in Kuopio on October 31st 2022. It is possible to get a Covid vaccination at the same time. Along with it, a vaccination against pneumococcus will be given, at own expense.
- Appointments by phone starting from October 10 by number 044 718 6921 from 8 am till 3 pm
- Appointments online around the clock: www.kuopio.fi/eterveyspalvelut
- Health Kuopio – hands hygiene video (in Finnish)
- Infectious diseases, information materials, e.g. Guide to washing hands and coughing (THL)
- Infectious diseases (THL)
The influenza vaccination will be free of charge for:
- People who are 65 years old
- Kids from 6 months to 6 years old
- Pregnant women
- Relatives of pregnant women
- Relatives of babies under 6 months old
- Members of the medical risk group
- Close relatives susceptible to influenza
- Social and healthcare personnel
- Customer service personnel in Pharmacies
Other people who wish get vaccinated, can buy it from a pharmacy (holding a prescription from a doctor or vaccination clinic)
Apaja Vaccination Centre under the Market Place, E-door
Vaccinations in Child Health and Maternity Clinics Here .
Vaccination days in rural areas`health centres
- Thu 10.11. and Thu 17.11. between 13.00 and 18.00 (walk-in)
- Also appointments by phone 017 488 615 between 8.00 and 10.00.
- 2.–3.11., 9.–10.11., 16.–17.11., 23.–24.11. between 8.00 and 15.00: appointments online around the clock: www.kuopio.fi/eterveyspalvelut and by phone Mon-Fri between 8.00 and 15.00 by number 044 718 6921.
- 9.11. and 16.11. between 8.30 and 15.30: appointments online around the clock: www.kuopio.fi/eterveyspalvelut and by phone Mon-Fri between 8.00 and 15.00 by number 044 718 6921.
- 1.–3.11. between 8.00 and 16.00: appointments online around the clock: www.kuopio.fi/eterveyspalvelut and by phone Mon-Fri between 8.00 and 15.00 by number 017 185 836.
- 5.11 between 9.00 and 14.00, 9.11 between 12.00 and 17.00, 23.11 between 12.00 and 17.00 (walk-in).
- 1.–2.11., 7.–8.11. and 14.–15.11. between 8.00 and 16.00: appointments online around the clock: www.kuopio.fi/eterveyspalvelut and by phone Mon-Fri between 8.00 and 15.00 by number 044 718 6921.
- 3.11 and 9.11 (walk-in) between 8.00 and 16.00
Tulliportinkatu 15 J, 4th floor
(entrance from Maaherrankatu)
Appointments and guidance
017 186 547
weekdays at 9-11 am
Public Health Nurse
017 186 560
weekdays at 10-11 am
Administration of Kuopio Municipal Health Care Unit
044 718 5940
044 718 6513