Basic engineering of Finnpulp’s bioproduct mill has started. Company’s mill will be built on the site in Sorsasalo in Kuopio, for which the city plan was enforced earlier in January. The company has increased its owner base. Hengan International, which is China’s most significant tissue and hygiene product manufacturer, became a shareholder of the company.
Smart City –cooperation, business opportunities in the Arctic and residents´ participation – A delegation from Bodø visiting Kuopio
The Arctic is expected to provide interesting opportunities for business in the future. A delegation from Kuopio´s sister city in Norway, Bodø, with the mayor Ida Maria Pinnerød, visited Kuopio to get to know business´s in Kuopio and to discuss future cooperation with the city administration and local entrepreneurs.
- Sign up for new courses at Kuopio Community College
- The 17th ANTI – Contemporary Art Festival is focusing its attentions on play and gaming
- Multicultural Aisti – a cultural kiss -event in Kuopio on 27 April 2018
- Enrolment for the Nilsiä music and Dance Camp has started
- Comfort living environment and good growing environment for children are the strengths of Kuopio, shows the recent survey
- The mayor of Kuopio, Jarmo Pirhonen visits the municipal merger districts
- Experiences were changed in the seminar Kuopio – Gateway to Shanghai
- Local defence cooperation exercise in Kuopio achieved its goals
- Hungarian Culture Weeks on 3-9 September 2018 in Kuopio
- Municipal grants