Season tickets for sports and culture available with a library card at the Kuopio main library Kuopio’s sports clubs and cultural bodies are working together and want to give Kuopio’s residents a special treat: an experience to be borrowed. You can now borrow season tickets to KalPa’s* (ice hockey), KuPS’s (football/soccer), Puijo Volley’s* (volleyball), Steeler’s (American football), Welhot’s* (floorball) games and to concerts of the Kuopio Symphony Orchestra and plays at the Kuopio City Theatre.
A great way to enjoy nature and forests even in the winter is to go biking or hiking in the woods. You can bike for example at Puijo, Tahko and Kurkimäki even during the winter months and there are also hiking trails to walk on. In addition, there are often fire pits along the trails so you can enjoy a picnic by the fire. You can find such for example in Puijonnokka and at Kurkimäki.
The days are long and dark in November and many wish to have something to do to in the winter evenings. The first snow ski tracks at Tahko and Puijo are a good option! Skiing brings wellbeing to the body and mind and helps coping with the darkness. The first snow ski tracks are about one kilometer long and the track profiles are quite easy so everyone from professionals to novices are able to enjoy the fun of winter sports even if there’s no snow elsewhere.
- Varda - warehouse for early childhood education and care
- The U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Finland Robert Pence visiting Kuopio
- How to move on after the act of violence in Kuopio?
- The whole Finland is mourning along with Kuopio today
- Act of violence in Herman shopping center in Levänen
- Dana Michel is the 2019 Winner of ANTI Festival International Prize for Live Art