City of Kuopio - Frontpage
The new Kuntolaakso swimming hall was opened in Kuopio in the beginning of August. In terms of surface, the new swimming hall in Kuntolaakso is the second-biggest in Finland. It has, among other facilities, a 10-lane 50-metre main pool, a jumping pool with all the jumping levels required for a competition, a teaching/youth pool, a multi-purpose pool, a cold pool, a jacuzzi, and a kids’ pool.
Home of facts and fantasies combines the Kuopio Museum and the main library. The construction proceeds as planned. Upon its completion in the spring of 2021, this unique whole will provide a meeting space while generating experiences with the help of information and stories. During the summer, municipal residents got to choose the name for the new building. The winner was Kantti with 35.5% of the votes.
Kuopio by Nature is the new English-language journal published annually by the city of Kuopio. Resembling a journal, the publication complements the content on the Kuopio Highlights online platform. The themes of the journal, namely Nature, Live Like Local and Future Kuopio, delve deeper into the name of the journal and represent the double meaning of the Kuopio brand: the city's closeness to nature and the genuine nature of people, characteristic of the Savo region.
- The 2020 edition of ANTI Festival celebrates Kuopio’s winning nomination as the European Region of Gastronomy 2020-2021
- City of Kuopio joins Kuopio Pride 29.8.-5.9.
- The beginning of a new season in early childhood education in Kuopio
- International grand market at the Kuopio market square 13.–16.8.
- Guided food walk " Tasting Kuopio " on Friday 14 August
- Testing for the coronavirus to increase