City of Kuopio - Frontpage
Almost one in three people in Finland have suffered a slip-and-fall accident either this winter or last winter. Of those, close to a third were injured and one in eight had to take time off from work or school because of the fall. These accidents are often caused by the weather, but frequently it is our being ill-prepared for slippery conditions that is partly to blame. The Pysy pystyssä (Stay on your feet) campaign is a reminder that you can equip yourself to prevent slip-and-fall accidents.
All public events with more than 20 participants prohibited by order of the Eastern Finland Regional State Administrative Agency
The regional COVID-19-team (“corona coordination group”) of North Savo had their meeting on December 18, after which it gave again recommendations for the prevention of the epidemic. All public events with more than 20 participants between 23.12.2020 and 22.1.2021 are prohibited by order of the Eastern Finland Regional State Administrative Agency.
- Most of the students at Pyörö Upper Comprehensive School will switch to distance learning from Monday 18 January onwards
- Polar Summer Night builds a cultural bridge between Finland and Japan at the Puijo Tower
- Important connections created at Living Lab event
- Kuopio Living Lab at the heart of North Savo product innovation
- How city bikes collect open data
- Kuopio Info is being closed on Monday 30th November