Three hidden gems to visit in Kuopio in the autumn – experiences nearby that don't require expensive equipment
In August, we encourage you to get to know Kuopio’s nature’s three treasures – nature trails in Kolmisoppi-Neulamäki, Puijonnokka – a scenic viewpoint and Kelokylä – a recreational area maintained by the Kurkimäki village association. All locations are near and don’t require expensive equipment, you can just stop by and enjoy the experience and nature.
Starting from the beginning of July, you can travel virtually in the footsteps of Minna Canth through an augmented reality app and visit places that were dear to her. What does Minna Canth have to say about equality for example? The writer herself will be brought to life portraying the 19th century zeitgeist in her salon for you.
- Come and share your experiences of moving to Kuopio – workshop on Wednesday 17 April
- The city executive approved a programme to promote cycling
- World Air Quality Report 2018: Kuopio ranked 6th in air quality within European cities
- Inquiry into good sides and obstacles in Kuopio
- Will Iivo retain his World Championship title at the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Seefeld 27.2.2019?
- Savilahti – Empowered by Light