A great way to enjoy nature and forests even in the winter is to go biking or hiking in the woods. You can bike for example at Puijo, Tahko and Kurkimäki even during the winter months and there are also hiking trails to walk on. In addition, there are often fire pits along the trails so you can enjoy a picnic by the fire. You can find such for example in Puijonnokka and at Kurkimäki.
The days are long and dark in November and many wish to have something to do to in the winter evenings. The first snow ski tracks at Tahko and Puijo are a good option! Skiing brings wellbeing to the body and mind and helps coping with the darkness. The first snow ski tracks are about one kilometer long and the track profiles are quite easy so everyone from professionals to novices are able to enjoy the fun of winter sports even if there’s no snow elsewhere.
The renewed Puijon Maja restaurant invites you to enjoy the cozy atmosphere: “You’re welcome to pop in even if you’ve gone for a run in the woods”
This week we received an addition to Puijo’s services as the legendary Puijon Maja (maja = cabin) lunch restaurant opened its doors. The restaurant has been offering café services since last Friday and started serving lunch on Wednesday 23.10. Lunch will be served during weekdays from 10.30 am to 2 pm.
- Kuopio is the 5th best place to move to in Finland
- Issue with Kuopio city bike mobile app has been solved
- Recycling the fox – mobile game encouraging recycling to be tested in schools
- Let’s walk Puijo’s nature trails!
- The city council accepted the cooperation agreement – IRONMAN competition to take place at Tahko
- Finnish architecture exhibition at the Council Office Building