City of Kuopio - Frontpage
The new Kuntolaakso swimming hall was opened in Kuopio in the beginning of August. In terms of surface, the new swimming hall in Kuntolaakso is the second-biggest in Finland. It has, among other facilities, a 10-lane 50-metre main pool, a jumping pool with all the jumping levels required for a competition, a teaching/youth pool, a multi-purpose pool, a cold pool, a jacuzzi, and a kids’ pool.
Home of facts and fantasies combines the Kuopio Museum and the main library. The construction proceeds as planned. Upon its completion in the spring of 2021, this unique whole will provide a meeting space while generating experiences with the help of information and stories. During the summer, municipal residents got to choose the name for the new building. The winner was Kantti with 35.5% of the votes.
Kuopio by Nature is the new English-language journal published annually by the city of Kuopio. Resembling a journal, the publication complements the content on the Kuopio Highlights online platform. The themes of the journal, namely Nature, Live Like Local and Future Kuopio, delve deeper into the name of the journal and represent the double meaning of the Kuopio brand: the city's closeness to nature and the genuine nature of people, characteristic of the Savo region.
- Community is Savilahti’s driving force – a vision shared by actors in the area
- Kuopio Dance Festival 2020 has been canceled
- Customer fees for Early childhood education Apr 14 – May 13, 2020
- Kuopio City Library has extended all loan periods – new due dates start from June 9th
- Day care and preschool education services will continue
- Emergency legislation has a huge impact on the city’s services