Council for the Elderly
Kuopio’s Council for the Elderly is a twelve-member municipal body appointed by the City Council for its term of office with responsibilities laid down in the Act on Care Services for the Elderly.
The goal of the Council for the Elderly is to:
- Promote and monitor activities of different government sectors and their impact on older people and to enhance cooperation between pension organizations and the City of Kuopio.
- Ensure that new services introduced by the City of Kuopio are adequate and compatible also with the needs of the elderly.
- Submit initiatives and proposals and give statements concerning elderly residents and their living conditions.
- For its part, improve communication with older people and monitor and report matters pertaining to their living conditions and services.
- Prepare a strategy and budget for the Council for the Elderly and report to the City
050 341 8302, erkki.k-nen(at)dnainternet.net
Wellbeing Promotion Coordinator Säde Rytkönen
0447 182 463, sade.rytkonen(at)kuopio.fi
Heli Norja and after 1.4.2018 Kirsti Turunen
Wellbeing Promotion Leader Heli Norja
044 718 4000, heli.norja(at)kuopio.fi
You’ll find us also in Facebook vanhusneuvostoKuopio
- Toimintasuunnitelma 2016
- Toimintasuunnitelma 2017